Sunday, January 24, 2010

Mistakes! How do you know when you made one?

As I ponder my life, (which I often do) I think about a lot of decisions I've made. The choices I've made that I've felt were questionable, outright stupid, and ones that I felt were clearcut. But the difficult part upon pondering these choices is deciphering if they were good or bad. Is there a time table or an answer key that one gets to find out if they made the right choices in life? I pride myself on not regretting the choices that I've made, because I'm a firm believer in the logic, "you only live once and you have to deal with the twist and turns life give you the best way you know how, no ones perfect." I'm so confused because of the teeter tooter of emotions I have. One day life is great and everything is perfect and the next everything has gone to hell (excuse my French). Its crazy its like people who enter into a 10 year marriage and the first 5 years are great but the last five are complete anarchy. How did what seemed like a great choice for a bride change over night? On a more personal note I look at my life I had plenty of scholarship offers but I chose Iowa State. Originally I was happy enough to determine I had made a good decision. But as time went by I concluded that I had completely fouled with this choice and maybe a different path might have been better. But in the same instance a lot of good things have came from that choice people, places and family. And thats why I don't regret anything, because there is always at least a lesson to be learned from every encounter. I say all that to say there is no answer key life, you make it what you want, to be happy is living the life that you chose not the one that was dictated to you. So there aren't any mistakes in life, just somethings take a little be longer to understand. In my opinion.

Pardon the Errors, and sorry for the rambling on I just felt like saying that.
If you think the use of hell was inappropriate let me know..

No comments:

Post a Comment